[Python-Dev] More detailed build instructions for Windows

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jul 3 20:06:05 CEST 2010

On 7/3/2010 10:34 AM, Christian Heimes wrote:

>> Which docs did you look at specifically that said "and newer"? That
>> would be a bug.
>
> The readme.txt in the PCbuild directory contains the sentence "Microsoft
> Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition is required at the very least". The
> wording could be interpreted as "2008 at very least"

That I how I would first read it, not already knowing differently.

> instead of "Express Edition at very least".

I did not know that there was anything 'less' than Express Edition.
Something like "Building Pythonx.y requires at least the Express Edition
of Visual C++ 2008." or "Building Pyx.y requires Visual C++ 2008. Use
the free Express Edition or one of its paid upgrades."

--
Terry Jan Reedy