[Python-Dev] Removing IDLE from the standard library

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 02:07:54 CEST 2010

On 12/07/2010 00:56, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

>> IIRC Terry Reedy has already volunteered to do this
Apologies to Terry if this is incorrect, but I believe this to be the case.

> Hmm. I don't recall that happening.
>
>> As for assigning bugs, I've been told to use the maintainer.rst list, so
>> either the list is wrong, or I've had finger problems.  If it's the
>> latter I again say sorry.
>
> I see. What copy have you been using specifically? I think I need to
> remove myself from these lists.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Hi Martin,

Again thanks for the response.

I've been working from this:-
http://svn.python.org/view/*checkout*/python/branches/py3k/Misc/maintainers.rst

It strikes me as being so sadly outdated that it's getting less than
useless, or I assume that it's the same old case of not enough
volunteers?  Why did I bother. :)

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.