[Python-Dev] Removing IDLE from the standard library

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 14:50:48 CEST 2010

On 12/07/2010 11:37, geremy condra wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 5:31 AM, Stefan Krah<stefan at bytereef.org>  wrote:
>> Jesse Noller<jnoller at gmail.com>  wrote:

>> [responding to Geremy]
>>
>> I'm with Georg on this. If triaging needs a monetary incentive because it
>> is tedious work, so does committing. A lot of the abandoned issues aren't
>> very glamorous either.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "monetary incentive". I was considering
> handing a t-shirt or beer token to the most productive sprinters, but
> that's about the limit of it, and I suspect that would come out of my
> pocket.
Any chance of getting me a t-shirt autographed by the one and only BDFL? :)

> I'd also emphasize that I am exactly as far as I stated on this: I'm
> mulling it over and asking for feedback. If it turns out that there
> are other things that python-dev feels are more necessary but
> similarly unglamorous, then I'll think about doing that instead.
>
>> Also, from the work that Mark Lawrence has been doing on the tracker in
>> the past few weeks, it's apparent that a dedicated person can achieve a
>> lot without pay.
>
> Indeed, although I'm again unsure what pay has to do with this.
>
>> Due to his tracker reshuffling, many issues got closed, several bug
>> reporters responded after years, etc. Thanks, Mark!
>
> +1
>
> Geremy Condra

Geremy, Stefan, Jesse and anyone that I might have missed, thanks for
your kind responses, its given me quite a lift.

For the record note that I only got going because of a post on c.l.py
from Terry Reedy, and that he too has been doing similar work on the
issue tracker, my round Terry. :)

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence