[Python-Dev] [Idle-dev] Removing IDLE from the standard library

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 12 16:16:11 CEST 2010

Tal Einat wrote:

> I would like to propose removing IDLE from the standard library.

I use IDLE every day. It does everything I want an IDE to do, it looks
simple and doesn't waste screen real estate like some other IDEs do, it
supports proportionally spaced fonts correctly, its syntax coloring is
easy configurable (not a nightmare like some scintilla-based IDEs), and
it's instantly available on any PC on which I install Python.

I'd like to keep it in the stdlib.

Greetings,