[Python-Dev] python-checkins

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 14:30:58 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> Antoine Pitrou writes:
>
>  > You don't have to receive e-mail from it. Just take a look at the
>  > archives from time to time after you have done some commits.
>  > In a threaded view, it's easy to spot the few messages which aren't
>  > commit notifications, since they are the only one not at the
>  > top-level.
>
> It also is possible to arrange that the author (From field) of the
> commit message is the author of the commit, rather than the bot.
> Reply-To could be set to bot plus author.  Once the Mercurial
> transition is done, this would be more useful as "everybody" would
> have an email address as part of their committer ID.

I was actually going to suggest something along those lines post
transition, since Hg will have an email address for everyone - leave
push notifications coming from the bot (so existing filters based on
the bot address keep working), but include the push author in the
reply-to field.

Given its limited remaining lifespan, I don't see any point in messing
with the current SVN setup though.

Cheers,
Nick.