[Python-Dev] Removing IDLE from the standard library

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Jul 14 18:58:15 CEST 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:34:27 -0400
Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> So I can see that pushing to make it a business meeting would not be too
> welcome. What I would like is an online sprint with a temporary
> #python-triage channel, with at least one commit-developer present.

It should be noted that #python-dev is quite low-traffic. There is less
than one message per minute on average, and not often more than one
conversation at a time.

> Pending that, is there any time of day when more people with commit
> privileges are likely to be present.

Generally any time of day, since different people are on different
timezones.

> The other problem I have is being dropped or timed out, and not
> having/knowing a way to get auto-reconnected to the channel. Thus, I
> could miss a response even if I do get one.

I never get drops or timeouts. I suppose any decent IRC client will
handle connection issues for you.

Regards

Antoine.