[Python-Dev] Removing IDLE from the standard library

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jul 15 01:58:14 CEST 2010

Nick Coghlan wrote:

> I use tabbed editors all the time (Kate, Notepad++) and find them to
> be excellent. Tastes will obviously vary though, since there are even
> people out there that use vim and emacs voluntarily ;)

It's probably all right if you have the ability to move
tabs from one window to another. My perceptions may be
coloured a bit from using Crimson Editor on Windows, where
you only get *one* top-level window that you can use either
in tabbed or MDI mode. :-(

I do use xemacs on linux, and with the ability to display
any buffer in any window at will, it's fine.

--
Greg