[Python-Dev] Markup of command-line options in Python's .rst documentation

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 05:40:14 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:
> .. So a policy has to be define regarding the
> correct usage of these directives/markups, and probably documented in
> Doc/documenting/markup.rst

I wonder if in addition to documenting proper markup you could add an
option to argparse to generate help in ReST format.  I understand that
this will not be immediately useful for trace.py which uses getopt and
getopt does not have enough structured data to generate good help.  On
the other hand, upgrading trace.py to use argparse may not be a bad
idea.