[Python-Dev] Python signal processing question

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Jul 20 01:53:05 CEST 2010

Scott McCarty wrote:
> All, I have searched everywhere (mostly the code and a little google)
> and I cannot understand where the SIGKILL signal gets checked when it is
> set as a handler.

Possibly it's not being checked at all by Python, but
is being rejected by the system call. The Darwin man
page says this about signal(3) in the ERRORS section:

      [EINVAL]           An attempt is made to ignore or supply a handler for
                         SIGKILL or SIGSTOP.

Not sure why it gets reported as a RuntimeError rather
than an OSError, though.

--
Greg