[Python-Dev] :program: markup in .rst documentation

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 19:16:34 CEST 2010

While fixing the :option: markup in the library docs
(http://bugs.python.org/issue9312), another question came up:

In a few places, documenting a program execution with options was made with:

:program:`python regrtest.py` :option:`test_spam.py`

Since my patch had the :option: markup removed, this became:

:program:`python regrtest.py test_spam.py`

However, according to Éric Araujo's comment, due to the intention of
the :program: markup this should actually just say:

``python regrtest.py test_spam.py``

Which way to choose? I will update my patch to reflect this.

Eli