[Python-Dev] What to do with languishing patches?

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 20:53:53 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:16 PM, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
..
> During the most recent discussion I can remember, I thought I remembered
> Stephen Trumble saying that they'd tried that in xemacs and it really
> hadn't worked very well.  Since he now says he thinks it's a good idea
> (or more likely I misremembered what he said the first time), it sounds
> like we should consider it again.

The only problem I can see with this feature is how to design a usable
UI.  Have you ever cursed these extra clever address forms that make
you select a state from a drop-down list of 50 if not a country from
the list of 100+?  A text field with auto-completion/correction and
validation would be the best, but may get cluttered if multiple
modules are affected.  We actually have similar usability issue with
the nosy list.  The + button was a great addition, but I would also
like to see a user list integration that would allow me to add other
by real name or by approximate username spelling.