[Python-Dev] Python 3 optimizations...

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:26:49 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 9:22 PM, stefan brunthaler
<sbrunthaler at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder whether you would be interested in integrating these
> optimizations with the Python 3 distribution, hence this mail. I could
> send copies of the papers, as well as provide my prototype source code
> to interested members of the python development community.

The Springer link [1] at least shows the front page to give more of an
idea as to what this is about.

The idea does sound potentially interesting, although I'm not sure how
applicable it will be with a full-blown LLVM-based JIT on the way for
3.3 (via Unladen Swallow). Depending on the size and complexity of the
patches, it may still be worth exploring for 3.2.

Regards,
Nick.

[1] http://www.springerlink.com/content/p4u0851w34180n74/