[Python-Dev] PEP 382 progress: import hooks

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jul 22 14:51:43 CEST 2010

At EuroPython, I sat down with Brett and we propose an approach
how namespace packages get along with import hooks. I reshuffled
the order in which things get done a little bit, and added a
section that elaborates on the hooks.

Basically, a finder will need to support a find_path method,
return all .pth files, and a loader will need to support a
load_module_with_path method, to initialize __path__.

Please comment if you think that this needs further changes;
I'll hope to start implementing it soon.

Regards,
Martin