[Python-Dev] View tracker patches with ViewVC?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jul 27 20:31:17 CEST 2010

On 7/27/2010 1:48 PM, Alexander Belopolsky wrote:

> Multicolored diffs may look impressive the first time you see them,

Side-by-side was the important part

 > Copying code
> from side by side view may or may not work depending on your browser.

It is a nuisance with FireFox. For a patch on the tracker, I would cut
from the raw diff.

>   Even with doc patches, for a serious review you need to apply and
> compile the patch (make html in case of the docs.)

I know that and I would not commit an issue without doing that. I am
talking about partial pre-commit reviews by a beginner who does not have
the tools to do that. The kind that have been requested here on pydev.

--
Terry Jan Reedy