[Python-Dev] View tracker patches with ViewVC?

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 21:01:39 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Eric Smith <eric at trueblade.com> wrote:
..
> I agree with Terry that this would be a useful feature to have integrated
> with the tracker. I'd use it. But until someone write it, it's an academic
> point.

I don't say it is useless.  It is just not useful enough to justify
the required development effort.   A low hanging fruit in this area
would be to teach the tracker to recognize diffs regardless of file
extension and present them as text/plain.  For me that would give 99%
of the benefit a full-blown diff-to-html converter may bring.