[Python-Dev] Compiling Free Cad on Rhel5

Oleg Broytman phd at phd.pp.ru
Wed Jul 28 13:27:33 CEST 2010

Hello.

   We are sorry but we cannot help you. This mailing list is to work on
developing Python (adding new features to Python itself and fixing bugs);
if you're having problems learning, understanding or using Python, please
find another forum. Probably python-list/comp.lang.python mailing list/news
group is the best place; there are Python developers who participate in it;
you may get a faster, and probably more complete, answer there. See
http://www.python.org/community/ for other lists/news groups/fora. Thank
you for understanding.

   python-devel should be a package in your distribution - check the list
of packages.

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 04:51:47PM +0530, Vikas Mahajan wrote:
> Hello to all......Today I was trying to install FreeCAD 0.10 from its source
> code. I am using RHEL5. I have firstly installed python2.6.5 from source and
> also tested it. Python is working fine. But when I try to compile FreeCAD
> 0.10, I got following configure error :
>
> #./configure --with-python-include=/usr/local/include/python2.6
> --with-python-lib=/usr/local/lib/python2.6
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.5... python
> checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
> checking for python version... 2.6
> checking for python platform... linux2
> checking for python script directory...
> ${prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
> checking for python extension module directory...
> ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
> checking Python.h usability... yes
> checking Python.h presence... yes
> checking for Python.h... yes
> checking for libpython2.6... no
> configure: error:
>         **** Cannot find Python2.6 devel files. ****

> I also searched internet for python-devel source code but was unable to find
> any such pacage. Please help me to resolve this python error.
>
> Thanks
>
> Vikas Mahajan

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytman            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru