[Python-Dev] ssl

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Mon Jun 7 12:44:40 CEST 2010

Thanks martin.
I did as you suggested, and by installing nasm (creating nasmw.exe as a copy of nasm.exe) and without installing perl, was able to build the 32 bit debug version.
The 64 bit version didn't want to build, probably because of some strangeness in the .vcprops files.
amd64.vcprops defines PythonExe to $(HOST_PYTHON) which isn't defined.
Removing this macro definition makes everything build, right up to the final link:
2>Linking...
2>   Creating library D:\pydev\python\trunk\PCbuild\\amd64\\_ssl_d.lib and object D:\pydev\python\trunk\PCbuild\\amd64\\_ssl_d.exp
2>Creating manifest...
2>.\x64-temp-Debug\_ssl\_ssl.exe.intermediate.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and parse the manifest. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado.
2>Build log was saved at "file://D:\pydev\python\trunk\PCbuild\x64-temp-Debug\_ssl\BuildLog.htm"
2>_ssl - 1 error(s), 246 warning(s)

The above is using the "trunk", but I got the same result with brances/py3k.

Please don't tell me that I need to install Perl :)