[Python-Dev] Future of 2.x.

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 08:48:05 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Alexandre Vassalotti
<alexandre at peadrop.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 1:23 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> Closing the backport requests is fine. For the feature requests, I'd only
>> close them *after* the 2.7 release (after determining that they won't apply
>> to 3.x, of course).
>>
>> There aren't that many backport requests, anyway, are there?
>>

> There is only a few requests (about five)

I get your point. It is the 'back-ports' that you have tagged. These
were designed for 3.x and implemented in 3.x in the first place.
I was concerned that there will be policy drawn or a practice that
will close any/every existing Feature Request in Python 2.7.
There are some cases (in stdlib) which can debated on the lines of
feature request vs bug-fix and those will get hurt in the process.

Thanks,
Senthil