[Python-Dev] email package status in 3.X

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 00:31:40 CEST 2010

Michael Foord:

> Python 3.0 was *declared* to be an experimental release, and by most
> standards 3.1 (in terms of the core language and functionality) was a solid
> release.

   That looks to me like an after-the-event rationalization. The
release note for Python 3.0 (and the "What's new") gives no indication
that it is experimental but does say """
We are confident that Python 3.0 is of the same high quality as our
previous releases ...
you can safely choose either version (or both) to use in your projects. """
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-December/083824.html

   Neil