[Python-Dev] Python Library Support in 3.x

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sat Jun 19 22:23:09 CEST 2010

Simon de Vlieger writes:

 > As for the potentially harmful text on Python 3 which is included on
 > the python-commandments website I do get the hint that it might not be
 > clear enough that the text does not apply to people who are porting
 > libraries.

It also doesn't apply to people who don't need unported libraries, eg,
where the task is plain old text filtering or command line scripting.
Don't ask me for the list of "unported libraries", I know of none from
personal experience.<wink>

You might also want to withdraw the claim that Python 2.x is actively
developed.  With the release of 2.7, that's not true any more, not in
the sense that most people think of "actively developed."