[Python-Dev] #Python3 ! ? (was Python Library Support in 3.x)

Laurens Van Houtven lvh at laurensvh.be
Sun Jun 20 16:50:28 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:33:35 +0200
> Laurens Van Houtven <lvh at laurensvh.be> wrote:
> Perhaps lower the tone a bit on http://pound-python.org/ ?
> “foremost support system for developing quality Python
> applications” ... “crack team of Python experts” ... “Your time won't
> be wasted by architecture astronauts or trivial repetitions of the
> docs”.

Noted, we'll say the same thing but differently.

> (I understand these are slightly tongue-in-cheek but, if this page is
> intented mainly for beginners, I think being descriptive is more
> valuable)

Yes, it is tongue-in-cheek, but perhaps a bit too much so :-) I didn't
write it, it just never struck me as a problem at the time. I think
the problem is that that page was created to fix a very specific
problem (explaining why #python isn't a search engine), and it
probably got written more out of something snapping than an attempt to
be informative.

> Also, mention other support options there - primarily comp.lang.python,
> of course, and the official documentation pages.

Will do.

> Regards
>
> Antoine.

Thanks for your input,