[Python-Dev] email package status in 3.X

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Jun 20 19:58:14 CEST 2010

Pass the ketchup, I need to eat my words.

I wrote:

 > The loyal opposition clearly intend to continue trash-talking
 > Python 3 until the libraries get to 100% (or a government-approved
 > approximation of 100%).  The topic on #python seems unlikely to
 > change at this point, with both Glyph and JP pointedly failing to
 > denounce it publicly, while Stephen defends it and says it's not
 > going to change as long as the libraries aren't done.

It would seem from posts I received after replying (local mail glitch,
should have know there was more coming :-( ) that the facts are that
the topic is quite likely to change soonish, and that "trash-talking"
is being done, if at all, by trolls.  (Having spent a few hours on
#python today, I see that's a lot more possible than I would have
believed in this community.  Nobody's immune.)

Glyph, JP, and Stephen have my personal apologies.