[Python-Dev] red buildbots on 2.7

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Jun 21 22:13:26 CEST 2010

On 21/06/2010 21:02, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Le lundi 21 juin 2010 à 12:57 -0700, Bill Janssen a écrit :
>

>>> Apparently some of these buildbots belong to you. Why don't you step
>>> up and investigate?
>>>
>> The fact that I'm running some buildbots doesn't mean I have to fix the
>> problems that they reveal, I think.
>>
> You certainly don't have to. But please don't ask others to do it for
> you, *especially* if the failure can't be reproduced under anything else
> than OS X, and if no useful diagnosis is available.

If OS X is a supported and important platform for Python then fixing all
problems that it reveals (or being willing to) should definitely not be
a pre-requisite of providing a buildbot (which is already a service to
the Python developer community). Fixing bugs / failures revealed by
Bill's buildbot is not fixing them "for Bill" it is fixing them for Python.

All the best,

Michael