[Python-Dev] red buildbots on 2.7

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Jun 22 08:39:19 CEST 2010

On 21 Jun, 2010, at 22:25, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> Le lundi 21 juin 2010 à 21:13 +0100, Michael Foord a écrit :
>>
>> If OS X is a supported and important platform for Python then fixing all
>> problems that it reveals (or being willing to) should definitely not be
>> a pre-requisite of providing a buildbot (which is already a service to
>> the Python developer community). Fixing bugs / failures revealed by
>> Bill's buildbot is not fixing them "for Bill" it is fixing them for Python.
>
> I didn't say it was a prerequisite. I was merely pointing out that when
> platform-specific bugs appear, people using the specific platform should
> be helping if they want to actually encourage the fixing of these bugs.
>
> OS X is only "a supported and important platform" if we have dedicated
> core developers diagnosing or even fixing issues for it (like we
> obviously have for Windows and Linux). Otherwise, I don't think we have
> any moral obligation to support it.

I look into and fix OSX issues, but do so in my spare time. This means it can take a while until I get around doing so.

Ronald

P.S. Please file bugs for issues on OSX and set the compontent to Macintosh instead of discussing them on python-dev. I don't read python-dev on a daily basis almost missed this thread.