[Python-Dev] WPython 1.1 was released

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Jun 23 13:12:40 CEST 2010

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:12:36 pm Cesare Di Mauro wrote:
> I've released WPython 1.1, which brings many optimizations and
> refactorings.

For those of us who don't know what WPython is, and are too lazy, too
busy, or reading their email off-line, could you give us a one short
paragraph description of what it is?

Actually, since I'm none of the above, I'll answer my own question:
WPython is an implementation of Python that uses 16-bit wordcodes
instead of byte code, and claims to have various performance benefits
from doing so.

It looks like good work, thank you.

--
Steven D'Aprano