[Python-Dev] versioned .so files for Python 3.2

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jun 24 23:27:00 CEST 2010

On Jun 24, 2010, at 11:50 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>Please let me know what you think.  I'm happy to just commit this to the py3k
>branch if there are no objections <wink>.  I don't think a new PEP is in
>order, but an update to PEP 3147 might make sense.

Thanks for all the quick feedback.  I've made some changes based on the
comments so far.  The bzr branch is updated, and a new patch is available
here:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/454688/

If reception continues to be mildly approving, I'll open an issue on
bugs.python.org and attach the patch to that.

-Barry