[Python-Dev] what environment variable should contain compiler warning suppression flags?

Mark Dickinson dickinsm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 16:22:19 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 3:04 PM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> Why do you think that the default -O2 is unwanted

Because it can cause debug builds of Python to be built with
optimization enabled, as we've already seen at least twice.

> and how do you know
> whether the compiler accepts -g as option ?

I don't.  It could easily be tested for, though.  Alternatively,
setting an empty CFLAGS to '-g' could be done just for gcc, since this
is the only compiler for which AC_PROG_CC adds -O2.

Mark