[Python-Dev] [ANN]: "newthreading" - an approach to simplified thread usage, and a path to getting rid of the GIL

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jun 28 17:39:22 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Gregory P. Smith <greg at krypto.org> wrote:
> fyi - newthreading has been picked up by lwn.
>  http://lwn.net/Articles/393822/#Comments

Do you know if any of the commenters is Nagle himself (and if so,
which)? The discussion is hard to follow since the context of replies
isn't always clear. There also seems to be a bunch of C++ thinking
(and some knee-jerk responses by people who aren't actually all that
familiar with Python) although I admit I don't have much of an
intuition about memory models for fully free threading myself. It's a
brave new world...

--Guido

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)