[Python-Dev] Mailbox module - timings and functionality changes

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Jun 30 02:05:29 CEST 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:02:14 -0400, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
> > - wrap the binary stream in a text stream
>
> "wrap" how? The ultimate destiny of the text is twofold:

I would imagine Guido is talking about an io.TextIOWrapper...in other
words, take the binary file you've just finished grabbing info
from, and reread it as a text file in order to grab the actual
message content.

If you have messages in your files that are using an 8bit content
transfer encoding, then you (currently) will have some problems
unless the charset happens to be the one you use when you wrap
the binary stream as a text stream.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com