[Python-Dev] Taking over the Mercurial Migration

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jun 30 08:19:37 CEST 2010

"Martin v. Löwis" writes:

 > It seems that both Dirkjan and Brett are very caught up
 > with real life for the coming months. So I suggest that
 > some other committer who favors the Mercurial transition
 > steps forward and takes over this project.

I am not a committer, and am not intimately familiar with PEP 385, so
not appropriate to become the proponent, I think.  However, I am one
of the PEP 374 co-authors, and have experience with previous
transition to Mercurial of similar scale (XEmacs).  I can promise to
devote time to the transition in July and August, in support of
whoever might step forward.  I hope someone does.

 > If nobody volunteers, I propose that we release 3.2
 > from Subversion, and reconsider Mercurial migration
 > next year.

In the absence of a volunteer, I think that's probably necessary.