[Python-Dev] OS X buildbots: why am I skipping these tests?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 23:52:30 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 5:53 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> When Tim Peters added it, he wanted it to tell him whether he did the
> Windows build correctly, INCLUDING ALL OPTIONAL PACKAGES that can
> possibly work on Windows. If you try to generalize this beyond Windows,
> then the only skips that are expected are the ones for tests that
> absolutely cannot work on the platform - i.e. Unix tests on Windows,
> and Windows tests on Unix. Otherwise, if you can get it to pass by
> installing additional software, Tim did *not* mean this to be an
> expected skip.

Note that it works this way on Linux as well. On Kubuntu (for example)
you need another half dozen or so additional *-dev packages installed
to avoid unexpected test skips.

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. For anyone curious, I posted the list of extra packages you need
here: http://boredomandlaziness.blogspot.com/2010/01/kubuntu-dev-packages-to-build-python.html