[Python-Dev] Draft PEP on RSON configuration file format

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 01:59:16 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
> In that case, it should live in the user space for several years. If
> the community decides that it is an excellent format, then it should
> be considered for inclusion in the stand library.

Agreed.

However, there are too many things which became de facto standards
without community input this way.  PEP 1 itself says:

Reference Implementation -- The reference implementation must be
completed before any PEP is given status "Final", but it need not be
completed before the PEP is accepted. It is better to finish the
specification and rationale first and reach consensus on it before
writing code.

So, I do not mind the code sitting outside the standard library, and
the PEP not reaching "Final" for several years, but I do believe that
the PEP process is itself a really good way to build a better
mousetrap by consensus.

If you do not care to participate in the building of this particular
mousetrap, that is OK, too.

Regards,
Pat