[Python-Dev] Draft PEP on RSON configuration file format

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:14:16 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Daniel Fetchinson <fetchinson at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> Quick question: if JSON is too hard to manually edit, how can RSON be
> any easier when it is a *superset* of JSON?

Well, Python is essentially a superset of JSON, with string escape handling
being ever so slightly different, and using True instead of true, False
instead of false, and None instead of null.  YMMV, but I find it possible,
even probable, to write Python that is far easier to edit than JSON, and in
fact, I have used Python for configuration files that are only to be edited
by programmers or other technical types.

Regards,
Pat