[Python-Dev] Deprecation warnings in Python 2.7

Florent XICLUNA florent.xicluna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 01:44:52 CET 2010

2010/3/3 Florent Xicluna wrote:

> I will post a list of the DeprecationWarnings in the python trunk, in a
> followup message, for a review, and to help the discussion.

Here is the list of the "Classic" DeprecationWarnings:
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/184931/

And the list of the "Py3k" DeprecationWarnings and SyntaxWarnings:
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/184932/

I expect most of the things in the first list to be removed in 2.7
instead of being only deprecated.

Then what is the best approach:
 1) to separate better the Py3k warnings giving them a specific
subclass Py3kDeprecationWarnings
 2) to merge both lists because we consider deprecation related to 3.1
(and newer) ?
 3) to keep things unchanged?

--
Florent