[Python-Dev] __file__

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 14:25:36 CET 2010

Henning von Bargen wrote:
> If the ZIP contains only bytecode files, it is just not intended
> for changing any code, so I don't think this is an argument.
> If you have access to the source code, you still can use that instead
> of messing around with byte code.

That doesn't apply when it is the app developer trying to figure out why
their app is breaking when they throw it in a bytecode only zip :)

It's a moot point anyway - Guido has pronounced that the bytecode-only
support will be left alone by PEP 3147 even if the other caching changes
are eventually accepted.

Cheers,
Nick.