[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.5 rc 2

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Mar 7 21:56:12 CET 2010

We are definitely going to need a 2.6.5 rc 2.  We've had a number of critical
issues fixed since rc1 and we have two more critical patches approved for
landing which fix issues on OS X.  I've given Ronald approval in the tracker
to land these two patches.

8066 OS X installer: readline module breaks when targeting on 10.5 or 10.6
8067 OS X Installer: build errors on 10.6 when targeting 10.4 and earlier

These are the only two release blockers left for 2.6.5 (at the moment).  I
would like to cut the rc2 release tomorrow, Monday 2010-03-08, so if anybody
knows of any other bugs you think must go into 2.6.5, mark them release
blockers now so that I can evaluate them.

I really don't want there to be an rc3, and I'd still like to get 2.6.5 final
out on Monday 2010-03-15.  We'll see.

-Barry