[Python-Dev] [PEP 3148] futures - execute computations asynchronously

Dj Gilcrease digitalxero at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 22:44:31 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 6:50 AM, Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Making the tests and examples happy on windows is fine; but some
> explanation is needed for the API changes.

My primary motivation behind the API change is so there is just a
single public Executor class that you tell what system to use instead
of two separate classes. The use case I was thinking about is when a
user is is unsure which system (threads or processes) they want to use
so they just build the system with the defaults (which is threads)
then it is a little easier to switch it to processes in the future
instead of having to change imports and all instances of the class you
just change the use keyword to switch between systems