[Python-Dev] [PEP 3148] futures - execute computations asynchronously

Dj Gilcrease digitalxero at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 22:32:53 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:11 PM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> Getting rid of the process-global state like this simplifies testing (both
> testing of the executors themselves and of application code which uses
> them).  It also eliminates the unpleasant interpreter shutdown/module
> globals interactions that have plagued a number of stdlib systems that keep
> global state.

Ok the new patch is submitted @
http://code.google.com/p/pythonfutures/issues/detail?id=1

*note there are 2 tests that fail and 1 test that dead locks on
windows even without this patch, the deadlock test I am skipping in
the patch and the two that fail do so for a reason that does not make
sense to me.