[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.5 release candidate 2 now available

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Mar 10 18:50:10 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

The source tarballs and Windows installer for Python 2.6.5 release candidate 2
are now available:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.5/

As usual, please download, install, and test them with your favorite projects
and environments.  A number of regressions and build problems on OS X have
been fixed since rc1, and I'm really hoping we will not have to do an rc3.
I'm currently planning on releasing 2.6.5 final on March 19, 2010.

Enjoy,
-Barry

P.S. The Mac installer will hopefully be available soon.