[Python-Dev] C++

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sun Mar 14 12:28:46 CET 2010

Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM,  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>>    OS/2: http://www.andymac.org/
>
> I can't find a modern c++ compiler for OS/2. Then again, your link
> only provides python 2.4.

While the gcc used as part of the EMX toolchain is 2.8.1, there are
ports of gcc 3.3.5 and 4.4.x using a somewhat compatible runtime (known
as klibc).  I have an unreleased 2.6 binary package which I'm holding
up pending 2.6.5.

OpenWatcom is also supported on OS/2, though I don't know whether the
C++ support is advanced enough...  while I like this compiler, the
runtime support (or lack thereof) for Posixish features makes platform
support a lot of work.

Andrew.