[Python-Dev] Tracker reviews workflow and flags

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Mar 19 17:39:58 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:22:05AM -0400, R. David Murray wrote:
> > Real world example with issue8151. It is an issue with a trivial patch
> > in it. Everything what is needed is to dispatch it to stable `commit
> > queue` and port to trunk. It is not 'easy' - it is 'trivial', but I
> > have no means to mark it as 'easy' either, so even this trivial fix
> > lies in tracker for three days waiting for review.
>
> Three days?  That's nothing :)

I think Anatoly has a point, though; there are issues where the people
discussing the fix have come to a consensus, but none of them are
committers, or the committers involved are too busy.  There's a patch
ready to apply, but no committer knows about it.

> To avoid issues involving C coding, try restricting your search to
> 'Library' issues.  There is C code in some library modules, but less so
> than in the core ;).  It would be nice if you could search on more than

Actually Library should pretty much always be pure-Python.  Issues
related to C modules such as socket are classified under the
'Extension modules' component.  Of course, sometimes the ultimate
cause will migrate (a bug in SocketServer.py is traced to a flaw in
socket, for example).

--amk