[Python-Dev] argparse.py is licensed under the Apache License

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:05:36 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:42 AM, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc
<amauryfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that the newly added argparse module has an unusual
> licence header, included below. This is the only file in the Python tree
> that contains an explicit reference to the Apache License,
> and this leads me to some questions:

Sorry, I forgot to remove this when moving argparse to the stdlib.
There's probably one test\test_argparse too.

> - Did the contributor sign a Contributor agreement? In this case,
> shouldn't the code be marked as "Licensed to PSF under a Contributor Agreement",
> as mentioned in the contribution form?
> http://www.python.org/psf/contrib/contrib-form
> And then, could this Apache License be removed?

Yes, I have signed a contributor agreement. I was thinking of just
removing the license entirely, but if it's better to replace it with
"Licensed to PSF under a Contributor Agreement", that's fine too. Let
me know, and I'll take care of this today.

Thanks for catching this!

Steve
--
Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis?
Did Steve tell you that?