[Python-Dev] argparse.py is licensed under the Apache License

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Mar 24 23:14:18 CET 2010

> Yes, I have signed a contributor agreement. I was thinking of just
> removing the license entirely, but if it's better to replace it with
> "Licensed to PSF under a Contributor Agreement", that's fine too. Let
> me know, and I'll take care of this today.

Technically, your *contribution* should have included that line, whereas
the code that we (i.e. the PSF) immediately relicense won't.

IIUC, and IANAL, the line indicates that you do intend your contribution
to be covered by your agreement (just so you couldn't claim we stole it
from your laptop, and you didn't really mean to contribute it).
Of course, committing it to subversion is an even stronger indication
that you wanted to contribute it :-)

The PSF then immediately exercises its right to relicense the code,
currently under the PSF license.

Regards,
Martin