[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r79397 - in python/trunk: Doc/c-api/capsule.rst Doc/c-api/cobject.rst Doc/c-api/concrete.rst Doc/data/refcounts.dat Doc/extending/extending.rst Include/Python.h Include/cStringIO.h Include/cobject.h Include/datetime.h Include/py_curses.h Include/pycapsule.h Include/pyexpat.h Include/ucnhash.h Lib/test/test_sys.py Makefile.pre.in Misc/NEWS Modules/_ctypes/callproc.c Modules/_ctypes/cfield.c Modules/_ctypes/ctypes.h Modules/_cursesmodule.c Modules/_elementtree.c Modules/_testcapimodule.c Modules/cStringIO.c Modules/cjkcodecs/cjkcodecs.h Modules/cjkcodecs/multibytecodec.c Modules/cjkcodecs/multibytecodec.h Modules/datetimemodule.c Modules/pyexpat.c Modules/socketmodule.c Modules/socketmodule.h Modules/unicodedata.c Objects/capsule.c Objects/object.c Objects/unicodeobject.c PC/VS7.1/pythoncore.vcproj PC/VS8.0/pythoncore.vcproj PC/os2emx/python27.def PC/os2vacpp/python.def Python/compile.c Python/getargs.c

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Thu Mar 25 19:16:27 CET 2010

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> [Y]ou're pretty much breaking all 3rd party modules that have just started using e.g the datetime module C API.

Not if they're using PyDateTime_IMPORT.  My understanding is that
requiring a recompile is okay, and if you use PyDateTime_IMPORT and
recompile against 2.7 it works fine.  As I already mentioned, the
exception to this is pyexpat, which provides no such importer macro /
function.

I shall await your more fully-fleshed out reply,

/larry/