[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r79397 - in python/trunk: Doc/c-api/capsule.rst Doc/c-api/cobject.rst Doc/c-api/concrete.rst Doc/data/refcounts.dat Doc/extending/extending.rst Include/Python.h Include/cStringIO.h Include/cobject.h Include/datetime.h Include/py_curses.h Include/pycapsule.h Include/pyexpat.h Include/ucnhash.h Lib/test/test_sys.py Makefile.pre.in Misc/NEWS Modules/_ctypes/callproc.c Modules/_ctypes/cfield.c Modules/_ctypes/ctypes.h Modules/_cursesmodule.c Modules/_elementtree.c Modules/_testcapimodule.c Modules/cStringIO.c Modules/cjkcodecs/cjkcodecs.h Modules/cjkcodecs/multibytecodec.c Modules/cjkcodecs/multibytecodec.h Modules/datetimemodule.c Modules/pyexpat.c Modules/socketmodule.c Modules/socketmodule.h Modules/unicodedata.c Objects/capsule.c Objects/object.c Objects/unicodeobject.c PC/VS7.1/pythoncore.vcproj PC/VS8.0/pythoncore.vcproj PC/os2emx/python27.def

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Mar 25 20:15:28 CET 2010

M.-A. Lemburg, 25.03.2010 10:10:
> larry.hastings wrote:
>> Author: larry.hastings
>> Date: Thu Mar 25 01:54:54 2010
>> New Revision: 79397
>>
>> Log:
>> Backported PyCapsule from 3.1, and converted most uses of
>> CObject to PyCapsule.
>
> Backporting PyCapsule is fine, but the changes you made to all
> those PyCObject uses does not look backwards compatible.

I got this in Cython's continuous integration server after this change:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "runtests.py", line 19, in <module>
     import cPickle as pickle
TypeError: PyCObject_AsVoidPtr with non-C-object

Although this looks like an internal problem in CPython, I'm certainly
against any backwards incompatible changes of this size in the 2.x series.

Stefan