[Python-Dev] Request for commit access

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 29 08:19:01 CEST 2010

> That's an ideal case, but it doesn't work, because more or less senior
> committers are already too busy. If they do not even have time to
> review issues, followup on patches  - how can they monitor who reached
> the appropriate karma level?

The practice proves to be different. In the recent additions, the new
developer had been approached by some committer, suggesting that they
apply. So the initiative actually started from a committer who thought
that the karma level was appropriate. All I'm asking for is that then
this committer takes the issues in his own hands, rather than letting
the new developer ask for himself.

Regards,
Martin