[Python-Dev] Contribute

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 00:24:41 CEST 2010

Valerio Turturici wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> my name's Valerio, i'm italian and i study computer science at
> University of Pisa. I'm honored to speak and learn from people like you.
> My knowledge of C language is not very advanced, but i know Python well
> enough. I really like to contribute, i can learn and improve a lot. This
> is the first time that i participate in a serious, large and complex
> project.
>
> Have you any advice for me? :)

Head over to http://bugs.python.org and look for items with the "easy"
tag. Alternatively, look for items with attached patches and download,
apply and test them out to see if they work as advertised.

I think there's a page on the wiki with suggestions on how to get
started, but I don't have a link handy - hopefully someone else will
chime in with it.

Cheers,
Nick.