[Python-Dev] Two small PEP ideas

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat May 1 12:34:21 CEST 2010

Martin v. Löwis <martin <at> v.loewis.de> writes:

> I think having a single body/person pronounce on all PEPs is sufficient;
> as that person should certainly listen to the opinions of the respective
> experts.

The issue is more a question of personal bandwidth. Giving an informed decision
requires reading and listening to a lot of advice, material etc.

Then it's not obvious that we will have many PEPs in the future. The syntax is
pretty much frozen (even after the moratorium, it seems unlikely anything big
will happen -- except if we want to add first-class coroutines). Many
enhancements (e.g. new APIs in existing library modules) can be done, and are
done, without PEPs at all.

Regards

Antoine.