[Python-Dev] Two small PEP ideas

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sat May 1 13:03:33 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> Martin v. Löwis <martin <at> v.loewis.de> writes:
>>
>> I think having a single body/person pronounce on all PEPs is sufficient;
>> as that person should certainly listen to the opinions of the respective
>> experts.
>
> The issue is more a question of personal bandwidth. Giving an informed decision
> requires reading and listening to a lot of advice, material etc.

Yes that was the idea. For instance in packaging matters, I don't
expect other core devs
to have the time to learn about every aspect of a particular packaging
problem to be able to
make the best decision.

Now if the release manager takes the decision, I guess the result will
be the same at the end,
as Martin says: he'll ask for the opinion of the respective experts so
I guess it works too.

Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org