[Python-Dev] Standardising C file indentation (was Re: Running Clang 2.7's static analyzer over the code base)

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed May 5 00:57:20 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 05 mai 2010 à 08:41 +1000, Nick Coghlan a écrit :

> Howver, if we delay fixing the C file indentation until we're already on
> hg, the merge tools should offer the best chance of being able to apply
> pre-fix patches and have the software figure out where the whitespace
> changes need to be accounted for.

I just tried using "patch -l" after having changed the indentation of a
C source file and it worked fine. The only issue being that the patched
lines of code have the wrong indentation (they get their indentation
from the patch, not from the input file), but it's probably unavoidable.

Regards

Antoine.